Attending this class all throughout this semester, I was able to reforge my English skill and was able to find new ways of thinking through the process of talking with others and discussing about topics which most people have their own stances on.
To begin with, I used to live in America and was able to speak English pretty fluently. However, after coming back to Japan, there weren't much chances where I was able to keep using English. For that reason, I became unable to speak as much as I used to be able to. After entering this university and was choosing classes to attend to, I came across this class and thought that this class would be great to build my English speaking level back up again. For that reason, I decided to take this class, and after attending this class for the whole semester, I understood that I had taken the right choice. Now I am able to speak a little better, and to add to that, I am now able to understand Asian pronunciation and speak so that people who aren't very good at English could understand my English.
Other than rebuilding my speaking and improving my listening of English, this class had allowed me to interact with other about topics of common knowledge and helped me find new angles of looking things at. I myself understand that I am a stubborn person who thinks his or her own idea correct and everyone else's idea is just a rubbish. I have been this way since when I was in elementary school and even when I was in a debate club in high school, I found myself having my own stance and always had brushed people off of their ideas with explanations and proofs which other had trouble countering. However, when taking this class I tried to not express myself too much and tried to listen to other's opinion and understand their point of view. By doing so, I eventually began to be able to consume and consider about what other think and combine those ideas to my own to make a solution that can convince others more nicely.
One thing I thought is necessary to make this class have more people attending is for the first two weeks of class, I think it would be effective to make the class seems easy to attend. Having a serious discussion in English from the start would most of the times scare people away, so if the first two weeks were easier, then more people might stick with the class. (Just an opinion of mine.)
Overall, this class had helped me to both reforge my speaking and level up my listening for English. If I have a chance, I would like to recommend this class to my juniors.
(463 words)
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿